Dentures San Antonio TX
A denture or a complete denture as it is often called, is an appliance that is inserted in the mouth, replaces natural teeth and provides support for the cheeks and lips.
- Call South Texas Dental Implants & Prosthodontics Phone Number 210-692-0136 to schedule your consultation with our practice.
- Patient Registration.
- Get Driving Directions.
Most dentures are made of acrylic and can be fabricated two different ways.
- A conventional denture is made after all teeth have been extracted and the tissues (gums) have healed.
- An immediate denture is fabricated and inserted immediately after the teeth are extracted and the tissues are allowed to heal under the denture.
- An upper denture has acrylic, usually flesh colored, that covers the palate (roof of the mouth).
- A lower denture is shaped like a horseshoe to leave room for the tongue.
The teeth are made of plastic, porcelain or a combination thereof. Dentures can be fabricated to fit over endodontically treated teeth and a complete denture can be attached to dental implants to allow for a more secure fit of the appliance.
Dentures over a normal course of time will wear and need to be replaced or relined in order to keep the jaw alignment normal. The alignment will slowly change as the bone and gum ridges recede or shrink due to the extraction of the teeth. Regular dental examinations are still important for the denture wearer so that the oral tissues can be checked for disease or change.
South Texas Dental Implants & Prosthodontics
Patient Review By Felice R
I am and will always be forever grateful to both doctors and miss Helen they gave me my smile,confidence and self esteem back! They did fantastic work and everything from start to finish was wonderful!! I couldn't refer anyone to a better team of doctors and staff!! I love them all and they will forever hold a special place in my heart!! I have never ever met a more caring or loving family!! Thank you all so so very much and you guys will never be forgotten!!
- Felice R
Patient Review By Rick B
The Doctor and entire staff are professional, kind, compassionate, and understanding. The nurses/Techs are sweet and their willingness to make me feel comfortable is beyond words. The entire staff is incredible. I would not want to go anywhere else. They make you feel like family.
- Rick B
Patient Review By Adolph N
- Adolph N